Instant Loss on a Budget: Super-Affordable Recipes for the Health-Conscious Cook
(as of Dec 07,2020 07:27:43 UTC – Details)
After a decade of yo-yo dieting and a lifelong battle with the scale, Brittany Williams topped out at 260 pounds and knew she needed to make a lasting change. She shed an astonishing 125 pounds in a year—and has kept it off for 3 years—by getting off the diet rollercoaster and getting back to basics. She ditched processed foods, curbed her takeout habit, and cut back on inflammatory ingredients like gluten, dairy, and sugar. Through her best-selling books and popular blog, Brittany has inspired millions of fans and readers to lose weight, improve their wellness, and forge a healthier relationship with food.
As a busy mom of three, Brittany knows how important it is to create nutritious meals that will please the pickiest eaters without breaking your budget. Featuring 125 recipes that all cost less than $10 to make—most can be made for less than $5—Instant Loss on a Budget is proof that wholesome food doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, Brittany feeds her family of five for just $75 to $100 a week!
Brittany has mastered the art of creating recipes that taste indulgent, yet are surprisingly good for you. With recipes like Chocolate Brownie Donuts, Mini Everything Bagels, Smoky Baby Back Ribs, Barbeque Chicken with Cilantro-Lime Coleslaw, and plat-based options like Tikka Masala Lentils, The Ultimate Veggie Thin-Crust Pizza, and Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, this book offers something for every reader and every craving. You can even indulge your sweet tooth without sabotaging your progress with desserts like Frozen Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie and Raspberry Crumble.
Complete with balanced meal plans, budgeting advice, and cost-cutting hacks, this gluten-free and dairy-free cookbook makes it easy to set goals and stick to them. Investing in your health is the best investment you can make: Discover how much lighter and happier you can feel with Instant Loss!
From the Publisher
Plantain Pancakes with Caramel Sauce from INSTANT LOSS ON A BUDGET
Makes 4 Servings
1. Preheat an electric griddle to 350°F or heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. In a high-powered blender, combine the plantains, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Blend on high until a smooth batter forms, about 30 seconds.
3. Once the griddle is hot, spray with cooking oil spray. Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, spoon batter for each pancake onto the griddle. (Cook in batches if necessary. You will get about 14 small pancakes.)
4. Cook until the bottoms are lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for 1 minute. Transfer the pancakes to a plate and keep warm in a 200°F oven until all pancakes are cooked.
5. Serve with Caramel Sauce.
Caramel Sauce Directions
1. In a small bowl, combine the avocado oil, maple syrup, and tahini and stir until smooth.
2. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
2 large ripe plantains, peeled
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons 100 percent pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon Homemade Tahini